Upshot is a Chicago based full-service creative marketing agency that creates brand excitement. Culture is our secret sauce, and we work collaboratively with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for what we do. Minds wide open, we are a gang of instigators, makers, all-in creative thinkers, and problem solvers. We specialize in total brand engagement, brand initiatives and shopper marketing that flow through digital, social, mobile and in-store environments.
We’re seeking a full-time copywriter who will own their work from start to finish, remaining fully engaged, strategic and enthusiastic every step of the way. Not only should our copywriter have great ideas, but they should also be able to bring those ideas to life across multiple B2B and B2C touchpoints (print, web, social, digital) through effective and compelling copy.
We are a division of Advantage Solutions. Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A seasoned copywriter with 4-7 years of experience writing business- and consumer-facing long- and short-form communications
- An ego-free creative who brings personality, passion and positivity to their work and team
- A flexible problem-solver who strives to uncover the “why” in all that they do with a deep understanding of the clients’ challenges, industry trends and audiences
- A detail-oriented professional who thrives in a fast-paced, remote working environment while juggling multiple projects with quick turnaround times
- An expert at interpreting creative briefs and brand guidelines to deliver relevant and original content from concept through completion
- Someone who embraces the reality of internal- and client-facing copy revisions and sees those revisions as an opportunity for growth and creative thinking
- An outstanding public speaker who thrives on presenting ideas internally and to clients while building trust and rapport
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience – preferably for B2B brands in an in-house corporate or content-focused agency environment – with a solid digital portfolio demonstrating proven copywriting skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Sharp eye for detail, especially related to correct spelling and grammar
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Comfortable working remotely via platforms like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Workplace, etc.
- An appreciation for great design while staying attuned to current advertising and marketing trends
- Experience writing for SEO and social media are a plus
AT UPSHOT, WE LOVE WORKING WITH THOSE WHO SHARE OUR CREATIVE DNA:
- RUN IT LIKE IT IS YOURS — You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and take personal ownership in everything you do, always holding yourself accountable to the greater good of the agency.
- HEAR EACH OTHER — You celebrate and encourage diversity of thinking, always listening to other’s opinions and viewpoint with respect and empathy.
- THRIVE IN THE GREY — You embrace ambiguity to get to new and exciting places—never letting uncertainty or a lack of answers hold you back.
- DO WHAT EXCITES YOU —You bring your strengths and passions together as a personal super-power to make every day exciting and rewarding.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, WE’D LOVE TO CHAT!APPLY