We’re always looking for great talent. Don’t see what you're looking for below? Complete the Upshot General Application and tell us what you’re skilled at.
Want to know what it’s like to work here? We asked Upshotters to describe Upshot in one word.
UPSHOT GENERAL APPLICATION
We're always looking to speak with great candidates who are interested in future opportunities at Upshot. So please submit your resume and be sure to let us know your area of expertise (Creative, Account Management, Digital, Media, Production, Planning, Administrative). If you're a great fit, you'll be hearing from us.
Intent Marketing Associate, Search
Intent Marketing is at the forefront of new technologies in media with tech like attribution, video ads, & Voice Automation on the rise. These are customers who are raising a hand and showing intent for our client’s brands. We at Upshot, want to capture that demand and drive conversions.
Upshot is looking for a skilled Search specialist who is curious about expanding their knowledgebase to all things intent marketing. At the base, they will be in Google systems daily setting up, optimizing and reporting on core client campaigns. Expanding opportunities to flex into YouTube, SEO and more reporting into and working with our Intent Marketing Supervisor.
Daily maintenance of Paid Search campaigns
- Work with Search Supervisor to do new keyword & audience research, development and implementation
- Perform ongoing keyword & audience discovery, expansion and optimization
- Leverage bid management tools to facilitate campaign trafficking, optimization and reporting
- Manage daily budget tracking to ensure approved and contracted spend levels are on pace and hitting KPI goals
Ad copy writing and testing
Complete regular reports on campaigns
- Monitor and analyze reporting metrics and provide recommendations on how to meet established KPI goals
- Pull performance reports from reporting platforms (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Lead the creation of summarized campaign performance data that provides actionable insights, recommendations and next steps
Strategic work and assistance with collaboration across internal and external agencies and client contacts
- Assist Supervisor in implement new search strategies and measure the results
- Communicate with clients and agency partners
- Stay current on best practices, trends and competitors in the SEM space and identify new opportunities
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience as a full-time Search Engine Marketing (PPC) professional; agency experience a plus
- Team-player mentality with an analytical mind, passion for learning and a strong work ethic are a must
- Highly detail oriented, obsessed with accuracy, a strong critical thinker and able to juggle multiple tasks/clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with desire to explore new avenues of intent marketing
- Strong desire to work within search, social and other emerging digital channels
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, DoubleClick Search (or equivalent search management platform) required
- Google AdWords/Analytics certification is a plus
- BA or BS in marketing, business or mathematics-related field of study preferred
- Strong interest in data analytics required
Senior Performance Analyst
Are you someone who enjoys understanding cause and effect rooted in numbers and data day in and day out? If so, Upshot is seeking a senior analytics role to help continue to expand the agency’s analytics practice.
You may have a data science, statistics, or general mathematics background. In general, you are a person who has an analytical mindset and at least some experience in marketing. You are entrepreneurial at heart. You seek to always be learning with an eye on how to build and create things and approaches that help solve a problem that data and numbers can help solve. You feed off the ability to teach and educate internal team members and clients alike with new ways of looking at various data sets to paint a comprehensive “measurement” picture, to act on in-market or “real-time” results with the goal of driving stronger results, and to help clients understand what would need to be done to predict future outcomes.
You’re curious, you like diversity and the ability to work on many things any given day across clients within various categories like Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable Goods, Technology, Travel and Retail. And you enjoy working with people and being part of a team who is constantly rolling up their sleeves together (and also will step out to celebrate team wins and efforts).
Let’s talk if this feels similar to who you are and what you’re looking for as your next step.
Analytics Strategy & Measurement Outputs
- Ability to source and manipulate digital media data sets from tools like Google Campaign Manager (formerly Doubleclick), Google Analytics, social media platforms and other sources to create standardized and custom reports
- Ability to create customized business ROI models utilizing statistical modeling approaches to measure incremental sales from marketing
- Analyze sales, market, and demographic data for performance analysis and to inform strategic planning
- Familiarity with and ability to combine multiple data sources for a holistic reporting solution inclusive of advanced data visualizations and dashboards
- Forecast different business scenarios and requirements to deliver on clients’ business objectives with custom created models
Media Strategy Consultation
- Familiarity with and ability to lead creation of attribution models in digital and traditional channels
- Ability to assist media team in setting up test/control experiments for lift analysis
- Familiarity with digital media tagging, measurement strategies and implementation
- Consult with digital development team early on as part of digital strategy, UX, and development of new or relaunching websites
- Assist with creation of measurement & tagging frameworks to ensure all website actions and events are accounted for early on during development process
- Assist with tag management solution implementation with dev team leads (largely Google Tag Manager)
- Assist with site content and UX optimizations based on analytics learnings
- Ongoing site analysis and reporting support, including related media and social activity
Communication and Leadership
- Collaborate closely with client teams to identify and explore opportunities to cross-sell analytics services
- Collaborating with team members and client teams to enhance client reporting
- Teaching and mentoring agency teams on the importance of analytics and key concepts to marketing performance measurement, ROI modeling and attribution
- Delivering reporting and analysis documentation to clients and presenting findings
- Assisting in educating clients on current topics/trends in marketing analytics and performance measurement
- Experience in statistical modeling using tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, SQL, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Data Studio, Tableau, or Power BI
- Experience in data processing languages, such as SAS, R, Python, or SQL
- Broad business perspective with a strategic mindset
- Experience with digital media and attribution tool
- Experience in media reporting tools, such as DoubleClick, Google Ads, Social Media Platforms
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Experience with web tag tools such as Google Tag Manager
ASSOCIATE MEDIA DIRECTOR
Media might be in your title, but you sometimes feel that’s limiting. Although you’ve built up a strong background in media (a full understanding and ability to talk about digital and traditional channels to the nicest and the most difficult of clients), you’re constantly interested in new platforms, technology, data use cases and even creative opportunities that can be used to build a better approach every time. You love getting in a room with a big client team and leading the presentation. You push creatives to think differently about ad executions and website landing experiences to drive better performance. Hell, you’ll even lead the whiteboard brainstorm with them. You get a high out of seeing clients and agency team members nod their heads and take notes as you lead an educational session on the latest media trends or agency case study. You have a personal investment contributing to the agency to produce good work, having an entrepreneurial mindset, and coaching and educating along the way because you genuinely care about everyone’s growth. And you know and appreciate that at the end of the day, everyone who touches media has to get into the nitty gritty at times because we’re all responsible for getting stuff done.
This Associate Media Director role will lead media strategy and tactical planning across several CPG accounts, leading internal and external relationship development and communication. With an understanding of all media channels (traditional and digital), AMDs are able to lead media strategy, consumer insight development, journey mapping and the general media planning process for both consumer and shopper type activations.
GENERAL MEDIA LEADERSHIP (RELATIONSHIPS & TEAM DEVELOPMENT)
- Act as the key media client lead (whether via direct or indirect communication/contact depending on team/account structure) and common educator/consultant
- Create and maintain positive relationships and proactive communication for day to day counsel and strategic guidance to clients, team members and management
- Manage day to day client requests autonomously, completing all tasks in a timely manner and properly delegating appropriate tasks and projects to direct reports
- Collaborate with and manage up to VP, Media & Analytics across all client activity to utilize ongoing strategic support, ensuring client relationships are continuously nurtured and positively evolving
- Provide media consult to creative and digital leads seeking media expertise, advice and guidance on possible ways to elevate ideas, brainstorms and partnerships
- Showcase ability to leverage research, segmentation information and data to uncover strong consumer insights to properly inform media strategy
- Understand and lead process of preparing, evaluating, and implementing media plans as well as overseeing setup, execution and reporting
- Confidently present and sell in media recommendations to clients in collaboration with account and creative leads
- Clearly understand and be able to communicate all internal media processes and outputs for all clients and internal teams (planning documents, KOCs with vendors, billing, specs, tagging/trafficking, reporting tools, report creation, etc.)
GENERAL EXPERTISE & EDUCATION
- 7+ years’ experience in media strategy, planning and buying
- Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation for enhanced media plans and results
- Have strong knowledge of all media channels to ensure appropriate marketing mix strategies are consistently brought forward to inform tactical plans
- Stay up to date on new media and marketing trends that could positively impact our media services and our client’s business
- Strong understanding of digital media and shopper channels with their increasing importance in the marketing industry
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with media vendors for smooth planning, execution and implementation; showcase ability to negotiate larger partnership and added value components to vendor relationships on behalf of the agency and clients
- Proactively identify and develop POVs on various media in the marketplace for client and internal seamless team education, establishing themselves as an expert agency resource
- Meet regularly with vendor/technology solutions to stay abreast of industry trends and potential client partnerships
- Assist in new business projects/pitches
- Hold proficiency in MS Office applications and appropriate research tools
ACCOUNTABILITY & GROWTH
- Responsible for all projects and general client activity which flows in and out of their team; must take ownership of all process, deliverables and feedback
- Responsible for accurate financial estimates of client activity with the ultimate goal of being able to track P&L for accounts (including management of team timesheets)
- Establish and grow client relationships – qualitatively (relationship building) and quantitatively (recognizing additional services and financial opportunity) – by demonstrating an understanding of industry, client business issues/challenges and service opportunities
- Oversee budget allocation process for all media based on client initiatives and direction; accurately project costs and anticipate the financial results of plan revisions
Digital Ad Operations Manager
Upshot is looking for a Digital Technology Specialist that comes in with a strong background in ad ops experience as well as a strong POV on the digital technology space. This person would act as a specialist to ensure trafficking, tagging, floodlights, QA is all running and set up as smoothly as possible.
- Oversight of back-end system set-up, trafficking, tagging and QA: Act as an internal resource with extensive ad operations expertise that can double check back-end system set-up and problem solve on advanced systems tracking.
- Work with Media Supervisors to ensure trafficking, campaign optimizations, troubleshooting and reporting are being managed
- Manage Associates in the basic aspects of the trafficking process, including connecting placements to creatives, setting up consistent URL configurations and collecting clean data. Lead the more complex aspects of trafficking including Floodlight tags, DMP integrations, dynamic creative, etc.
- Lead in troubleshooting known or suspected problems with the tagging/tracking technology used in implemented projects
- Lead conversations with the media team on ways to work faster and smarter to prevent errors, ensure consistency and guarantee that all elements of the QA checklist are being followed. Double check system
- Work with analytics team on tagging and ensuring site journey and tagging structure is fully mapped to campaign goals and objectives
- Management of Technology relationships across various operation systems, insights tools and discovery systems
- External vendor relationships, management of internal access, system training and set-up, POV and system negotiations
- Client facing Agency POVs, Internal education and system roll-outs on various topics. Examples include:
- Viewability and Fraud – Agency perspective and vetting of 3rd party systems, costs and recommendations
- Creative HTML5, Rich Media, Dynamic Creative – Internal recommendations as well as rolling out and setting up dynamic creative across all clients.
- Programmatic: Overviews on DMP, DSP systems with exploration from managed service to self-service options
- UTM Parameters: Set up process documents that can be client facing and consistent across clients
- 2-4 years experience in Ad Operations
- Highly detail oriented, obsessed with accuracy, a strong critical thinker and able to juggle multiple tasks/clients
- Strong experience across digital platforms –Google Campaign Manager and dynamic creative (Sizmek, Flashtalking, Google), Tag Management Systems (GTM) and VVF vendors (viewability, verification and fraud prevention), programmatic (DMPs, DSPs, Exchanges)
- Knowledge of online advertising and/or measurement methods and technologies (Google Analytics)
Upshot is looking for a Web Analyst to support its client’s needs in the Chicago office. This role will be part of a digital solutions team responsible for driving client performance by combining insights and strategic thinking across client engagements. As a Senior Analyst, you have the opportunity to shape the strategic direction of a client’s business and marketing strategy through the delivery of data driven insights. The role will report to the VP of Digital Transformation and work closely with the Strategy/Planning, Creative, UX, PM, Media/Social, Retail, Analytics, and Tech/Dev Departments as part of a collaborative project team.
- Deliver client and internal solutions through quantitative analysis in line with industry best practices
- Define, prioritize and execute various analytics projects including budgeting and scenario planning, test design, campaign management and advanced report production
- Consult with the team early to inform digital strategy, UX, and development of new or relaunching websites
- Assist with creation of measurement & tagging frameworks including instructions to ensure all website actions and events are accounted for early on during development process
- Help uncover and Identify KPIs
- Assist with tag management solution implementation with dev team leads (Google Tag Manager)
- Assist with site content and UX optimizations based on analytics learnings
- Prepare ongoing site analysis and reporting for clients with meaningful data insights
- Ability to recommend and implement A/B landing page or content module testing
- Dashboard creation for ongoing trend analysis of website performance across various metrics and content categories to create ongoing system of site optimizations and improvement
- Contribute to innovation within digital marketing and analytics within the agency and industry
- Strong experience with Google Stack Tools: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Optimize
- 3-6 years of experience in interactive marketing, business consulting using data and information to drive marketing recommendations
- Degree in marketing or quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, or economics. MBA or Advanced Degree a plus
- Understanding of digital marketing methods and systems including Search, Display & Programmatic, Social Media, Content
- In-depth knowledge in multivariate testing and statistical analysis
- Possession of excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access
- Detail oriented, quick learner and able to balance multiple tasks
- Strong project management skills
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative and creative environment? This Account Manager role is responsible for managing the day-to-day shopper marketing programs for large CPG organizations. The Account Manager serves as the client contact on key brands and projects, ensuring program objectives are achieved and executed with excellence. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities and a passion for creative ideas.
- Collaborate with creative, project management, production, and/or media teams to develop marketing programs and solutions for client
- Proactively think ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to address brand/client’s business problems.
- Support your manager with a general understanding of the external influences on the client’s business and how the agency can add value to the client’s business.
- Serve as creative and executional project lead; guide the day-to-day development of client marketing projects from start to finish; secure required client approvals (e. g. creative briefs, budgets, creative materials, etc.); ensure progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules
- Develop and update client and project documents including: creative briefs, estimates, project timelines, client presentations, status reports, conference reports and other supporting materials
- Manage financial tracking and reporting by assisting account team with weekly and monthly job reconciliations and utilizing the time keeping system to track all costs and time
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience in an agency, CPG, or brand management, including experience in shopper marketing is preferable
- Experience in executing consumer promotions, digital, shopper marketing or branding initiatives. Preferred candidate to have one or more of these skill sets.
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while maintain a collaborative team spirit
- Able to communicate clearly, thoroughly, succinctly and in a timely manner both verbally and in writing; follow up on outstanding issues; ask relevant questions
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook